Cognizin article for Mindful Magazine Blog
Nourish the Brain to Help Cultivate a Calm Mind
While mindfulness involves more than your brain alone, the brain and nervous system do play a big role. Smart nutritional choices can enhance brain health, while poor choices can set the stage for scattered thinking. If your diet is off, you may be swimming upstream trying to foster inner peace. A few small, smart dietary choices and a potent brain health supplement may be able to help you maintain centered thinking.
Five brain changing nutrition choices
- Eat probiotic-rich foods often. Gut health affects mood and probiotics can help keep your intestinal tract healthy.
- Cut back on caffeine. Caffeine, while providing momentary energy, can also contribute to mood swings and jitters.
- Eat healthy fats like omega-3s and avocados. The entire nervous system and brain needs good-for-you-fats to maintain healthy cell membranes.
- Swap out that sugary or high-carb treat you crave for berries or other in-season fruit. Fresh fruit provides trace minerals and antioxidants that nourish brain cells.
- Include a daily citicoline supplement to your diet. Citicoline is the building block of vital brain phospholipids that can help support calm and focused thinking.*
Your brain requires a lot of energy
Your brain is less than 2 percent of your body weight, but it consumes about 20 percent of your body's daily energy expenditure. And like all our body's organs, it needs good nutrition to function well. Cognizin(r) is a well-researched, branded form of citicoline that can provide the nutrition the brain needs to stay sharp and focused because:
It supports the brain cells’ ability to produce ATP, which is used as cellular energy—that’s vital when you’re under stress*
- It’s a building block of the brain phospholipids, phosphatidylserine (PS) and phosphatidylcholine (PC), well known for supporting healthy cognition*
- It promotes the healthy production of neurotransmitters like acetylcholine*
Smart dietary choices and strategic supplementation can support your mindfulness practice. Try taking a few small steps toward nourishing your brain, and reap the benefits in a more calm and centered reality.